Your first visit to Burrard Podiatry establishes a vital foundation for our relationship with you. During the first visit, we make sure to obtain important background information, like your medical history, and give you time to get to know your doctor
Being well-prepared for your appointment will ensure that the doctor has all of the needed information to provide the best possible care for you. It also will help relieve any unnecessary anxiety you may be feeling. Educate yourself on your symptoms by reviewing the content on this Web site. Also, take some time to review our staff page and familiarize yourself with the doctors. We look forward to your first visit.
What to bring to your first appt?
- Medical Records: please bring relevant medical records from other physicians; results and copies of X-rays; and other imaging studies and lab tests and bring these items with you to your appointment.
- Written lists of: Medications, herbs, vitamin supplements and over-the-counter medications you are taking.
- Your concerns: about your condition (pain, loss of mobility or function). Take the time to make a list of anything you may want to ask your physician regarding your condition.
- A Family Member or Friend: Consider asking a friend or family member to accompany you if you need any assistance in walking, using the restroom or filling out paperwork.
- Please allow for 1 hour for your first appt. This allotment of time will allow us to thoroughly evaluate and discuss your condition and give us time to render most treatments the same day.