IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL PATIENTS
COVID-19 Update – September 1, 2021
BURRARD PODIATRY IS OPEN. Call to book an appointment at (604) 732-3513.
Our office hours are 9:00am to 3:30pm Monday through Thursday during COVID.
If you are unable to reach us by phone, please leave us a voicemail message or send us an email message at firstname.lastname@example.org. All voicemail and email messages will be returned as quickly as possible.
For after hours emergencies go to your local emergency room or call 911. If you need to reach the doctor on call, please text (604) 377-3536 for Dr. Timothy Kalla or (778) 859-8332 for Dr. Anthony Yung and, if possible, include a picture(s) of your foot concern (example photos below).
FOR PATIENTS ATTENDING BURRARD PODIATRY CLINIC
We require completion and electronic submission of a new COVID SCREENING DECLARATION FORM and NEW PATIENT INTAKE FORM (if requested by staff at the time of your booking). These must be received 48 hours or 2 BUSINESS days prior to the appointment. Otherwise your appointment will be subject to cancellation.
If you have travelled internationally or within Canada 10 days prior to your appointment, you are asked to share this information on your COVID SCREENING DECLARATION FORM.
The BC Restart Plan, which may be subject to change on short notice, is currently in Stage 3. While many of our patients have received a Covid vaccine, Burrard Podiatry continues to see susceptible patients. For the protection of all our patients and staff, everyone entering the clinic must wear a mask, social distance and follow the health and safety directions of staff and physicians.
You can access the BC COVID-19 symptom self assessment tool HERE to help you determine if you need further assessment by a healthcare provider.
Please review the following BEFORE your appointment.
- Masks are required for all Burrard Podiatry visits-no exceptions for vaccinated individuals. If you do not have a mask, you will be asked to wear a disposable mask, which will be provided by our staff.
- Upon entering the clinic, please use the hand sanitizer located on the reception counter or reception table.
- Please respect physical distancing in the clinic – maintain 2 meters apart.
- Our staff disinfect contact surfaces in between all patient visits so if we are behind schedule we ask for your patience while you wait for your turn to enter the clinic.
- Please alert our staff when you arrive for your appointment. The cell number is (604) 318-1678. We ask that you remain outside the clinic in your vehicle or in a nearby safe and convenient location until you are contacted to come inside. We will phone or text you. (Please make sure our staff has your mobile phone number).
- We ask that patients who come into the clinic, do so alone, unless a care aide or relative is required. Otherwise your care aide or relative will be asked to wait outside the clinic during your appointment.
- Upon entering you will be directed to a treatment room instead of waiting in the reception area.
- Fees for last minute cancellations due to respiratory illness, including colds, will be waived during this period.
- If you have returned from travel, and have a non-urgent foot condition, we ask that you wait 10 days and are COVID-19 symptom free before coming in to the clinic. If you have an urgent condition, please let our staff know.
- Due to COVID-19 considerations, wherever possible Burrard Podiatry is a paperless office.
FOR PATIENTS WHO ARE UNABLE TO ATTEND THE CLINIC
- For patients who are unable to attend the clinic, there may be an option for a telemedicine consult. You will be asked to provide information on your foot condition, and ideally pictures (see sample photos below), in advance so that the doctor can screen them to determine if telemedicine would be appropriate for your condition. If this is of interest, please contact our medical office assistants to discuss.
- If you have had prior imaging/x-rays or bloodwork, please let our medical office assistants know at the time of booking or when they call to confirm your appointment so that, wherever possible, the doctor can review your test results and x-rays in advance of your appointment.
- Prior to your appointment, if possible, please submit photos of both feet if you have not already done so. Ideally, the picture taker should stand facing you as low to the ground and as close to your feet as possible and take one picture pointing toward your toes and one picture toward your heels. Also, please include additional photos with circles drawn on your foot/feet showing the areas of concern. Email your photos to email@example.com. Be sure to include your name, contact information and appointment date with your photos.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
The physicians and staff of Burrard Podiatry