IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL PATIENTS
COVID-19 Update – November 19th, 2020
BURRARD PODIATRY IS OPEN. Call to book an appointment at (604) 732-3513.
Our office hours are 9:00am to 3:30pm Monday through Thursday during COVID.
If you are unable to reach us by phone, please leave us a voicemail message or send us an email message at email@example.com. All voicemail and email messages will be returned as quickly as possible.
For after hours emergencies go to your local emergency room or call 911. If you need to reach the doctor on call, please text (604) 377-3536 for Dr. Timothy Kalla or (778) 859-8332 for Dr. Anthony Yung and, if possible, include a picture(s) of your foot concern (example photos below).
FOR PATIENTS ATTENDING BURRARD PODIATRY CLINIC
Burrard Podiatry follows provincial orders from BC Health Officials. Please review the following BEFORE your appointment.
For everyone’s protection, we require completion and electronic submission of your COVID SCREENING DECLARATION FORM and NEW PATIENT INTAKE FORM (if requested by staff at the time of your booking) 48 hours or 2 BUSINESS days prior to the appointment. Otherwise your appointment will be subject to cancellation.
You can access the BC COVID-19 symptom self assessment tool HERE to help you determine if you need further assessment by a healthcare provider.
- Please respect physical distancing in the clinic – maintain 2 meters apart.
- Masks are required for Burrard Podiatry visits. If you do not have your own mask, you will be asked to use a disposable mask, which will be provided by our staff.
- Our staff disinfect contact surfaces in between all patient visits so if we are behind schedule we ask for your patience while you wait for your turn to enter the clinic.
- You are asked to wait outside the office in your vehicle or in a nearby safe and convenient location until you are contacted to come inside the clinic. We will phone or text you. (Please make sure our staff has your mobile phone number.)
- We ask that patients who come into the clinic, do so alone, unless a care aide or relative is required. Otherwise your care aide or relative will be asked to wait outside the clinic during your appointment.
- Upon entering you will be directed to a treatment room instead of waiting in the reception area. Please bring inside only essential items.
- Upon entering the clinic, please use the hand sanitizer located on the reception counter or reception table.
- All magazines, pamphlets and complimentary coffee machine have been removed from the reception area at this time.
- If you have symptoms of flu or illness, including fever, shortness of breath, coughing, sore throat, cold, headache or muscle aches please stay home.
- Fees for last minute cancellations due to respiratory illness, including colds, will be waived during this period.
- If you have returned from travel we ask that you wait 14 days and are COVID-19 symptom free before booking your appointment. If you have an urgent situation, please discuss this with our staff.
- Due to COVID-19 considerations, wherever possible Burrard Podiatry is a paperless office.
FOR PATIENTS WHO ARE UNABLE TO ATTEND THE CLINIC
- We now offer telemedicine visits for patients who are unable to come into the clinic. Please contact our medical office assistants to book your telemedicine appointment. You will be asked to provide information on your foot condition, and ideally pictures (see sample photos below), in advance so that the doctor can review them to determine if telemedicine would be appropriate.
- If you have had prior imaging/x-rays or bloodwork, please let our medical office assistants know at the time of booking or when they call to confirm your appointment so that, wherever possible, the doctor can access online your test results and view your x-rays at the time of your telemedicine visit.
- Prior to your appointment time, if possible, we ask you to submit photos of both feet if you have not already done so. Ideally, the picture taker should stand facing you as low to the ground and as close to your feet as possible and take one picture pointing toward your toes and one picture toward your heels. Also, please include additional photos with circles drawn on your foot/feet showing the areas of concern. Email your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your name, contact information and appointment date with your photos.
- If you have a telemedicine appointment, please stay close to your phone around the time of your scheduled appointment.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation in helping to stop the spread of COVID-19.
The physicians and staff of Burrard Podiatry